Welcome to Prime Tutors
Dear Parents & Guardians,
Interactive Private Lessons & Tutorials
What we Offer!
One-on-One interactive tutoring experience coming to meet you wherever and whenever that is best for you in the most convenient, comfortable and effective way to support your career goals.
The venue of the lesson could be in your house, office, suit/hotel, garden etc. It must be devoid of any distraction. The choice of the lesson time depends on you. You are at the liberty to choose between morning, afternoon or evening classes as the case with pupils and students still in school. We also engage in overnight teaching for teenagers seeking admission into higher institution and undergraduate that finds one or two courses challenging and the examination or test is around the corner and the student needs the support of the teacher.
HOME SCHOOL SYSTEM
We offer home school system as well. This is arranged just like school system, the pupils or students are being taught at home in the morning hour. This arrangement is made by parents for various reasons; it could be due to parents’ transfer from other state or just return from abroad and the children have missed from the current term. The age of the pupil or student could be older than his or her current class and could not be absorbed into formal school. Parents may lose confidence in the current educational system and they need alternative means to keep their ward’s education going etc.
There is no age limit in education. What is important is the interest of the learner. This provides a second chance to the learners that have missed out of formal school. Our adult education programme helps:
• Drop out from school in either Primary or secondary.
• Those that have not been to school at all.
• Those who want to improve their academic standard.
• Those who want to further their education.
Adult education programme is designed to assist learners to read correctly, write perfectly and speak fluently. It also provides invaluable opportunity to further their education up to higher institution.
HOLIDAY HOME COACHING
Short Term, Mid Term & Summer Holiday
It is designed for Day, Boarders and Oversea students.
• It affords student opportunity to be fully prepared against next term/class.
• It ensures pupil and student smooth transition to the next class- Year/Grade/Basic 7(JS1) and Year/Grade 10(SS1) being sensitive stages in secondary level.
• It enables students to be well familiar with the newly introduced subjects.
• Above all, student is made to be ahead of his/her classmates or peer group.
At Prime Tutors, we believe every child is unique and that is why we treat each child as individual. Private coaching is a pragmatic approach to teaching and learning process. It is designed to assist pupils and students to improve, maintain and acquire skills to become independent learners through a personalized teaching method tailored towards individual specific needs, irrespective of the student’s background.
I look forward to receiving your call.
Amb. RAJI BAKARE A. NCE,B.Sc,PGDE,M.Ed-UnilagRegister Here
HOLIDAY HOME COACHING
BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS
ACCOUNT NAME : PRIME EDUCATIONAL SERVICES
BANK NAME: ACCESS BANK PLC
ACCOUNT NUMBER : 0041033447
ACCOUNT NUMBER : 0032235076(ABUJA CLIENTS)
BANK NAME: SKYE BANK PLC
ACCOUNT NUMBER : 1770562290
BANK NAME: HERITAGE BANK PLC
ACCOUNT NUMBER : 6000104569
Cash Payment/Transaction NOT Acceptable
Why Private Tutoring?
Private tutoring is the most productive method of teaching and learning as the learner is at the liberty to ask question as many times as possible or wishes which may not be obtainable in most cases in the class as a result of fear of being embarrassed by classmates or snob by the teacher as it often happen.
Private tutoring helps to bridge the gap that must have been created in school work activities. It assists the learners to catch up with the missing points at school.
Another major benefit of private tutoring is that the learner’s challenges or weaknesses are fully focused and addressed once and for all within a limited period of time. There is a friendly atmosphere between the teacher and the learner as well as parents.
Cordial relationship and good rapport between the teacher and learner is highly promoted. An important aspect of home coaching is the relationship of trust and respect between the teacher and student which is invaluable. Having a good knowledge of the student’s way of life and thinking process, the tutor is in the best position to help the student in the academics.
Private tutoring requires the tutor to be flexible, patience with degree of commitment to help the student achieve greater academic height. Good knowledge of the subject matter is also very important. The tutor needs to prepare adequately with updated current trends in the chosen subject before the class. The priority of the teacher is to increase the knowledge base of the learner by using best method suitable to the learner.
Private tutoring help in building, instilling confidence and self-motivation in the learner in order to face academic and life challenges. On the part of parents and guardian, it removes the stress, efforts and financial implications of having to take the child to and fro tutorial centre as the lesson is taking place in your home or wherever you prefer at your convenience. In essence, the tutor incorporates different methods of teaching and learning in order to bring the best out of the learner.
AT PRIME TUTORS WE CORRECT ACADEMIC CHALLENGES
Why Prime Tutors?
We provide a total academic support to learners for all ages- it is designed:
• To enable pupils and students learn at their own pace and time.
• To make them catch the missing points at school.
• To identify and work on pupil/student’s weak areas and reinforce their strengths.
• To guide and encourage pupils and students to do their projects and assignment from school on their own.
• To motivate and imbue the learners with the desire for achievement and self-improvement in both school and work life.
• To inculcate in them the value of hard work in education through personal study and sense of inquiry in the learner.
• To instill confidence in the learners in order to face and excel in their respective examinations.
• Parents are assured of Academic Officer monitoring and mentoring the student or pupil towards academic success and moderating teacher’s work to ensure compliance with our set standard.
• Flexibility of time and days- It depends on your choice of time and days.
1.We allow parents or guardian tell us what exactly do they want us do with their ward(s)
2.Having listened to parents requests, we give our own professional advice and factual opinion on what needed to be done to achieve best result within a reasonable period of time.Register Here
1. Diagnosis or Discovery Analysis - Identification of the pupil/student.
Children are not the same in all ramifications, even twins from the same womb. They possess different traits with respect to their Intelligent Quotient (IQ).
At Prime Tutors, we do not subscribe to a child being a DULLARD. We have a strong conviction that a below average child if given necessary encouragement in the right environment could become A+ student. It worked perfectly especially with the parents or guardian’s cooperation to help their ward grow intelligently.
Unfortunately, with our experience in this field span over 20 years, we discovered that some parents do not even know their child at all. We do the discovery by ourselves through our professional approach.
Some parents seldom praise their child, blame the school for their child’s poor academic performance while some parents even condemn their child and praise the school. Believe me reverse is always the case at end of our diagnosis.Register Here
2.Knowing the child.
These factors shall be discussed as we move on. Some information required that aid our teaching and learning process.
• The current school the child is attending.
• Does your child started from the school or transferred from other school?
• The curriculum offered in the school-Nigerian, British, American or combined.
• Introvert or extrovert child.
• School daily schedule-timetable.
• The pupil/student personal timetable if any.
• The child study materials-Text books, notebooks etc.
• Best subject(s) in school.
• The teacher he/she like and the subject the teacher teaches.
• Does the child hate any teacher in school?
• Best sport in school?
• Best food?
• Does he/she have personal room?
• When does he/she go to bed?
• Number and type of friends he/she has in school.
• Willing or unwilling child?
• The type of environment they live?
• Does the child go to school by himself/herself?
• Is he/she a boarder or a day student?
• The child’s age – to determine if he/she is fit for the class with respect to either being over age or underage and so on.
Detail information about your child aids our work tremendously and quicken and shorten the period we are to spend to achieve good result.Register Here
There are three types of learner in class.
1. Above Average Learners.
2. Average Learners.
3. Below Average Learners.
- Above Average Learners– This category of pupils and students are brilliant, genius and talented especially in the right learning environment. Such as sound school set up and encouragement from parents or guardian etc.
- Average Learners-This set of pupils and students struggle to catch up in class due to internal and or external factors.
- Below Average Learners– This category of learner are left behind in class due many internal and external factors.
Which category of leaner gain more in class among the three categories of the learners? b. Average Learners gain more in class than other two categories due to the fact the teacher in a class system do not recognize or identify any learners. The teacher teaches on average level and average learner flow along with the teacher.
Prime Tutors is not interested in any of the above group in particular. Although, our interest is more on those learners who are not doing very well in their academics but parents do engage our service for their wards that are doing well in school in order to maintain and sustain their academic tempo. A Brilliant and commendable idea in deed!Register Here
4.Creating Interest and Attention in the Child
This done by first arousing the interest of the learner in the subject and or studying generally, and by setting out persuasive reasons for the necessary difficulty to lessen the study strains. To arouse the interest of the learner, our tutor adopt method to the experiences which deal with the learner’s everyday life as well as drawing examples with the use of audio-visual local materials and mentioning something familiar to the learner.
In addition, some sort of stimuli such as pictures, charts etc. are used in order to drive home points and promote emotional interest, feeling of joy and sympathy in what the learner is engaged in. Interest is also aroused by involving the pupil or student in learning activities as they like doing things by themselves.
Elimination of fear in them is also important. Attention follows immediately interest is sustained and learning begins to take it root in the child.
Therefore, learning is a function of interest and attention.
L = f ( i, a )
where L= Learning,
• Speed drilling,
• Time saving and management,
• Personal study timetable arrangement,
• Mock / Trial examination,
• Practice past question papers with the use of mark scheme,
• Strategies of answering questions,
• How mark is being awarded to each question,
• Questions that carries high mark.
• Substitution Method– Removing irrelevant answers from the options available to limit your scope of reasoning to limited number of options.
• Revision Method– Going to cheap questions and solving questions you are sure of first during examination or test before tackling the difficult ones. Etc. It is a form of reinforcing learners towards academic success. Through stimulating teaching methods with up to date study materials, each student is motivated to look forward to the next lesson with enthusiasm.Register Here
WHY ARE WE PATRONISED ALWAYS?
Our Quality Assurance •
The Simple truth – We are passionate about teaching and we enjoy what we do!
Your child is our No 1 priority. Giving our student the best he or she can think of and improving the subject grades within a reasonable and specified period of time is our focus.
We attend to our student with passion and commitment as well as making the student realise that everything in academic is possible and achievable. We believe in our services and we hold it to the highest standard.
Prime Tutors believe that all students are unique and that is why we treat them as individual. We do not compromise the future of our pupils and students with anything. We truly care about your child which is why our teachers also strive for excellence. We respect and appreciate their human dignity.
Prime Tutors employ graduate and postgraduate teachers who are specialist in their respective field. We engage teachers and personnel who share the same principles and ideologies with our organization. Our teachers are highly rated on education, experience, communication skill, dedication with passion for teaching profession.
Parents are enjoined to provide us with their ward’s school scheme of work to enable us teach in line with the scheme. We adhere strictly to the syllabus of national and international examination bodies in our teaching and learning activities.
We also recommend text books and other study materials to aid the pupil and student as well as the teacher in order to discharge their duties effectively.
Above all, in-house training tagged TRAIN THE TRAINNERS – workshop, seminar on individual methods of teaching and learning are giving to the newly employed teachers as well as on the job training to keep our teachers updated on current trends in education system worldwide.
At Prime Tutors, we make learning as easy as possible to our students as we have gathered enough experience on this unique field with over twenty (20) years on One-on-One individual private coaching.Register Here
The major responsibility of our QCO is the academic quality control to see that the teaching and learning process conform to the standard of our operation in order to achieve the desired result within a reasonable period of time.Register Here
OUR RANGE OF SERVICES
1. Crèche, kindergarten, Nursery 1, 11, 111.
2. Year/Grade/Basic 1-6.
3. Year/Grade/Basic 7,8,9 (JS 1,2,3)
4. Year/Grade 10, 11, 12 (SS 1, 2, 3).
5. A ‘Levels & Foundation Courses.Register Here
Examinations and Tests (National Examinations.)
A. Common Entrance Examination into Federal Unity Schools and State Model colleges.
B. Entrance Examinations into Private Colleges, International schools, Model and Catholic Colleges.
C. JSS3-Basic Education Certificate Examination(BECE)-NECO, JS3 State Examination
D. WAEC, NECO, NABTEB (May/June), GCE (Nov/Dec).
E. JAMB-UTME into Public and Private Higher institutions.
F. Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Entrance Exams & Interviews.
G. Foundation & Undergraduate Courses.
H. Pre-Degree Entrance Examinations.
I. JUPEB – Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board Entrance Exams. Subjects combination in Art, Science, social and management.
J. IJMB – Interim Joint Matriculation Board subjects combination in Art, Science, social and management.
K. Professional Courses-ACCA, ICAN, CIBN, CIPM, NIM etc.Register Here
International Examinations & Tests
A. Checkpoint-Year 6 & 9.
B. Pre-IGCSE, Cambridge IGCSE, Cambridge O level.
C. Advance Subsidiary( AS), Cambridge Advance Level (A ‘Level)
D. Cambridge Pre-U.
E. Foundation & Undergraduate Courses.
F. Postgraduate Courses and Research work.
G. International Baccalaureate (IB) subjects.
H. PSAT, SAT I,SAT II , ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, GRE, GMAT.
We Teach All Subjects In Science, Art/Humanity And In The CommercialRegister Here
EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT SERVICES
1. Common Entrance Exams into Federal Unity Schools & Private Colleges.
2. Junior Secondary School (JSS3) – Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) for Federal-NECO & State.
3. WAEC, NECO, NABTEB (MAY/JUNE) in a Private Secondary School.
4. GCE (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB) NOV/DEC.
5. JAMB-University Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Registration of All International Examinations and Tests.
A. IGCSE, Cambridge O Level & A’ Level.
B. SAT I, SAT II , ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, PEARSON, GRE, GMAT.
We assist in the search for the best school for your wards either into Primary, Secondary or University. We also recommend and help in the purchase of books and materials for your wards.Register Here [/section]
PROGRAMMES & DURATION
|1.||IGCSE / SSCE – O LEVEL.
|1 YEAR, 3-6 months-Revision|
|2.||AS/A levels||1 YEAR, 6 months-Revision|
|3.||SAT I||3 MONTHS|
|4.||SAT II||3 MONTHS|
|11.||JAMB UTME||4 – 6 MONTHS|
|12.||Unilag Diploma II – Foundation Programme||4 – 6 MONTHS|
|13.||Foundation Courses||1 YEAR|
NEW NIGERIAN CURRICULUM (BASIC 1-9) SUBJECTS OFFERED
|Primary1-3||Primary 4-6||JSS 1-3|
|1||English Studies||English Studies||English Studies|
|3||Basic Science & Technology||Basic Science & Technology||Basic Science & Technology|
|4||Cultural & Creative Arts||Cultural & Creative Arts||Cultural & Creative Arts|
|5||Religion & National Value||Religion & National Value||Religion & National Value|
|6||One (1) Nigerian Language||Pre-Vocational studies||Pre-Vocational studies|
|8||One (1) Nigerian Language||Business Studies|
|9||Arabic (optional)||One (1) Nigerian Language|
NEW NIGERIAN CURRICULUM YEAR 10, 11, 12 (SSS 1, 2, 3) SUBJECTS OFFERED
|COMPULSORY CROSS -CUTTING CORE SUBJECTS
(FOR ALL STUDENTS )
|SCIENCE & MATHEMATICS||BUSINESS STUDIES||HUMANITIES||TECHNOLOGY|
|1||English Language||Biology||Accounting||Nigeria Language||Technical Drawing|
|2||General Mathematics||Chemistry||Store Management||Literature in English||General Metal Work|
|3||Civic Education||Physics||Office Practice||Geography||Basic Electricity|
|4||One Trade with entrepreneurship studies||Further Mathematics||Insurance||Government||Electronics|
|5||Computer Studies/ICT||Agriculture||Commerce||Christian Religious||Auto-Mechanics|
|Physical Education||Economics||Islamic Studies|
|Health Education||Building Construction|
|Arabic||Food & Nutrition|
|Economics||Clothing & Textiles|
BRITISH CURRICULUM SUBJECTS OFERRED
| SECONDARY 2
YEAR 10 & 11 (Pre-IGCSE&IGCSE)
O’ Lev. Cambridge
|A’ LEVEL CAMBRIDGE||Pre-U|
|1||Numeracy- Maths||Mathematics||Accounting||Accounting||Art & Design|
|2||Literacy- English||English Language||Biology||Biology||Biology|
|3||Phonics||Science-Physics,Chem,Bio||Chemistry||Chemistry||Business & Management|
|5||PSHE||French||Additional Mathematics||Additional Mathematics||Comparative Govt & Politics|
|10||Mathematics||Religious studies||Business Studies||Business Studies||Mathematics|
|11||English Language||CHECKPOINT||Geography||Geography||Further Mathematics|
|12||Science||Mathematics||Religious Studies||Religious Studies||Physics|
|13||English Language||Design and Technology||Design and Technology||Psychology|
|14||Science||Information and Communication Technology||Information Technology||Geography|
|18||Art & Design|
OUR PROFESSIONAL ETHICS
1. The Right to Participate. Since education is the birthright of any child, as our client, you have the right to participate in our services to you. We need your consent before we embark on giving you services. You have the right to know: the tuition fees, the duration of the lesson, the commencement and the end of the lesson. As well as to know other conditions of our services you deem fit. You also have the right to withdraw from our service. No obligations attached to it other than our Service Terms and Conditions you have read and understood.
2. The Right to Privacy and Confidentiality. We protect the privacy of our esteemed clients as all information obtain in respect of you and your ward(s) shall be used for the purpose it was collected. It shall be kept in our DATA BANK which shall be used by the executives only to enhance service quality delivery to you. All our clients’ information are treated with utmost confidentiality.
3. The Right to Protection. Our clients have the right to be protected whenever our teacher is on duty in your house. Your child(ren) are protected from physical, mental stress and danger or harm under our academic tutelage. All our teachers’ data have been fully verified; their address, provision of at least two (2) sureties in conjunction with our lawyer to formalize their employment.
4. The Right to Accountability . You have the right to know the state of your ward’s academic progress. The right to receive feedback on your child’s progress and performance. The right to know the tuition fees due to pay and how it is arrived at, and the right to pay as at when due.
5. The right to Expression . Our clients have the right to express their feelings in the services being rendered to them. They have the right to accept or reject any tutor allocated to you. They have the right to ask for a change or replacement of the tutor not satisfied with or if such tutor withdraw his or her services or disengage from duty with our organization. You have the right to report any observation noticed during the course of operation with you. Register Here